Personal Data Protection
For what purpose will personal data be processed?
According to Act No. 297/2008 Coll. on Protection against Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing and on Amendments to Certain Acts, the Intermediary is obliged to process personal data for the purposes of preventing and detecting money laundering and terrorist financing, which includes, in particular: a) client identification; b) identification of the end-user of the benefits, c) identification of the ownership and management structure of the client who is a legal entity, d) obtaining information on the purpose and intended nature of the business or business relationship, e) determining whether the client or end-user of the client's benefits is politically an exposed person or a sanctioned person, f) ascertaining the origin of funds or assets in a business or business relationship, g) ascertaining whether the client is acting in his own name, carrying out ongoing monitoring of the business relationship.
To whom can personal data be passed?
In connection with the fulfillment of the objectives of the Agreement, your personal data may be provided to the necessary extent to third parties,
- the real estate broker of the Intermediary,
- a lawyer for the purpose of preparing or assessing the contractual documentation (for example, for the preparation of a purchase contract), or for carrying out the authorization of a contract,
- a notary in order to prepare a notarial record or a bank in order to prepare a binding,
- an expert for the purpose of drawing up an expert opinion or energy certificate for real estate
- a financial intermediary for the purpose of arranging a loan for the acquisition of immovable property,
- a cooperating real estate agency representing the other party to the joint commercial case,
- to the relevant district office (cadastral department) when submitting a proposal for registration in the real estate cadastre.
How long will personal data be kept?
The data will be kept for the period required by law or necessary for the exercise of liability claims (eg Act No. 297/2008 Coll. Requires the retention of documentation for a period of five years from the termination of the contractual relationship).
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- to access information on the extent to which your personal data is processed,
- request the correction of personal data if you find that they are incorrect, or request the completion of incomplete data
- obtain your personal data that you have provided to the Intermediary in a commonly used electronic format and transfer them to another entity (but only if they are processed by the Intermediary by automated means),
- request a restriction on the processing by the Intermediary if you also challenge the accuracy of personal data or if the processing is illegal or no longer needs the Intermediary) but you need them to assert your claims,
- request the deletion of your personal data if they are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were obtained or processed,
if personal data have been processed illegally or if they have to be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation)
- file a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that your rights regarding personal data have been violated. The supervisory body is the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic, Hraničná 12,820 07 Bratislava 27.
Source: Real Estate Union brochure: "Sale, purchase, rental of real estate", www.realitnaunia.sk